Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Color schemes

Monochromatic- Monochromatic colors are all the colors (tints, shades and tones) of a single hue. Tints are created by adding white to a color and tints and tones are created by adding a darker color such as grey or black. Blue gives this room a calm feeling. I achieved this room on Olioboard by starting with a light blue background and then added a darker shade of blue with my clock on the wall.I finished it by adding lighter chairs to have hues and tints of blue.
monochromatic

Analogous-Analogous colors are three colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. One of the colors will be dominant.These colors are often found in nature and are pleasing to the eye. I created this room by starting with a darker purple wall paper with a pattern then I added a lighter purple chair. For the red I did towels that give a pop of color. The color purple is sophisticated and elegant.
  analogous

Split- Complementary- This color scheme is a variation of the complementary colors. It uses two colors adjacent to its complimentary.In this room I used yellow, orange and blue. I started with my wall paper it's orange with yellow, which are next to each other on the color wheel. Then for blue which is across the color wheel I did a couch. Orange gives a room an excited feeling and can increase your energy level.

Color Wheel with split-complementary color scheme   split complementary

Triadic- Triadic is colors that are evenly spread on the color wheel. They tend to be vibrant. To achieve this room I used green, orange and purple. These three colors are all equidistant from each other on the color wheel. My main color is white which is neutral then I added orange for excitement but green next to the bed because it's a restful color. 
Color Wheel with triadic color scheme  triadic

No comments:

Post a Comment